Our team at Code/Interactive is making a huge impact because of your support. Here’s what we’ve accomplished in a little over three months into the academic year thanks to you:
- As of today we have trained over 300 teachers this academic year. This means we are well on our way of meeting our 2017-2018 goal to train 600 educators in over 12 states and impact 18,000 students.
- As a data driven organization we are dedicated to making sure that our work is creating an impact. To this end, we launched the Computer Science Assessment Fellows, a group of master CS teachers who will curate a library of K-12 assessment resources, with support from Google CS4HS and Hunter College.
- Mentorship is key to helping underserved students connect to tech jobs. To help make these dreams a reality, we are working with eBay to mentor CUNY students and help them land their first jobs with the Tech Career Accelerator Program (TCAP).
- We are planning on bringing district wide computer science teacher training to Jersey City Schools with the support of RBC Capital Markets.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
- We are training educators and advising districts all year long! Connect us with school districts and nonprofits in need of computer science programs. Email [email protected] to make an introduction.
- The #YesToCS Committee helps spread our vision that all students have access to computer science education. By joining not only will you do good, but you will gain access to networking, event, and job opportunities. An added plus: Attend monthly socials with some of the coolest people in New York! E-mail [email protected] to join the movement.
Tags: computer science education, professional development, STEAM, STEM, teacher training
Categorised in: Blog Post